Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anime Expo 2010!!


-K-ON characters copyright Kytoto Animation

Another year and another Anime Expo approaches with all the promise of fun, folly, and a complete lack of sleep I've come to love! So, ye denizens of the vast net, forgive me my absence as I revel in 4 days of all things Japanese and Anime and remind myself that deep inside of every artist is a wide eyed kid wearing a big stupid grin :D

Oh, and in celebration of AX I decided to PS a rather silly new desktop wallpaper that always brings a smile to my face. It's based on Azu-nyan of K-ON!! and if you love slice of life comedy, great animation (especially in the playing of music), and great music, I definitely recommend checking out both seasons!

Nippon Banzai!

p.s. I promise to bring back pictures :P

5 comments:

  1. QUOTE! "deep inside of every artist is a wide eyed kid wearing a big stupid grin" LOL!! XDD
    I'm going to watch that series too, I love the graphics~ I just hope someday they make Anime Expo here in my country lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I love this pic! Have fun. It's been far too long since I've had the chance to go to an anime convention. Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bakkanekko!

    Yeah, sometimes you just get lucky and strike upon the right turn of a phrase :D K-ON Season 1 and the current season 2 are wonderful. Such great interplay about 5 girls enjoying high school with each other. AX in other countries...one can only hope!

    Kim!
    Totally sweet! I wish I could take credit for the character and image, but alas, all I did was photo manipulate several elements together with some additions from yours truly ;)

    Seriously, this convention is really my only vacation in the year, so for the rest of the week I'm cutting loose and sleep is for the weak!

    Oh, and pictures I promise :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of K-ON!, as well. Photoshopped wallpapers get a +1 in awesomeness points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim!

    Yeah, I'm a huge sucker for the K-On bu, especially Azu-nyan. Seriously, I want my own Azu-nyan...

    :P

    ReplyDelete