Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tangent of a Tangent



Well, I'm still recovering (really starting to age I suppose), still really busy, and still going through all those pictures (all of which seem to need some form of Photoshop Lovin').

Still, I didn't want to leave everyone hangin', so posted above is a piece I recently completed (out of a commission of several and still ongoing) for Terra/Sol Games. My client, who's been a real treat to work with, has kindly let me start posting my work. The reason I wanted to share this one in particularly was that it had been a long time since I'd done a vehicle piece, let alone starships, and jumping back in with an entire city ship was just oodles of fun. The one thing I wanted to avoid was using the more classical naval shapes for the ship as, let's be honest, in space designs don't have to take into account such niggly things as fluid dynamics and gravity wells (at least, not being in one). Granted, I still needed to make sure it read as a ship rather than an orbital colony or base, but that's what those big honkin's engines are for!

Anyhoo, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment