Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Carl "Henry Jones" Senior


Carl Character Concept Copyright Disney 2009

First, let me apologize for the tardiness of this post, but it's been one of those weeks.

Anyhoo, I got a chance to see the new Pixar flick, "Up," and honestly, I must say...well...wow. During the Depression, Disney literally wrote the book on how to animate, and decades later, Pixar pretty much did the same for animating in 3D. Well, prepare for a new chapter in that book!

I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen Up yet, but I just want to say that it really does run you through the whole emotional gamut, tells one damn fine story, and gives us characters that step right off the screen with life and depth. And...has plenty of laughs to boot (Squirrel!)

Hopefully, you'll forgive my rather tongue in cheek parallel with another grumpy grandpa explorer (heck, they even have a young gun and a dog), but I just couldn't help it. When the Darkside calls and all...

In all seriousness, though, if you haven't seen the movie, please do. You would be doing a diservice to yourself otherwise. However, I do have to warn you that the first part of the movie is a real tear jerker, completely appropriate and necessary, but still, a tear jerker. I cried.

GO! NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Cool concept there Mu.

    I won't be seeing 'Up' until this weekend. Now you made me more impatient to see it. Now this workweek is going to feel even longer. Curse you Mu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hahaha, all your curse are belong to me!

    Okay...coming back from being twelve, thanks!

    For an artist, I think this movie is even more impressive. That, and I've been rather delighted of late that Pixar has finally started to move away from the whole "everyhing looks like it's made from plastic" look that they've been jivivng for awhile. Yay for skin tones!

    ReplyDelete