Tuesday, June 30, 2009

AX '09: My Escape from Horrible Burning Reality


image from pivx

So, as you might have guessed from the subtle post title, I will be attending this year's Anime Expo in sunny LA (like I did last year and a great many years before as well.) For those that know me or have had the misfortune to talk with me for any length of time, I am a rather huge (metaphorically speaking) fan of anime, manga, and Japanese art in general, and I look with salivating anticipation towards each year's AX. It is, quite literally, the only time in the year where I can truly relax and kick back (yeah, says very sad things about my life, doesn't it?), and that I jealously guard those days with all the rabid intensity of a sabertooth squirrel gunning for an acorn.

On crack.

Not that I would every condone the use of crack.

Really.

Thus, I come here to inform you, the people, that I will not be posting this week on this blog as I will be busy geeking it out with style. Don't worry though. I fully plan to come back and burn your eyes out with the pictures I will take. Some will even be of me cosplaying. It's like Batman taking off his mask except several magnitudes less cool or interesting.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about the picture, it's fan art of the Moe-blob anime, K-ON!, and according to my friends based on my taste in anime, apparently I am actually a collection of moe, moe girls inside so the above seemed relevant.

It's probably best not to ask.

So, I hope everyone has a great week, look forward to pictures, and "Moe, Moe, Kyun" to you all!

*I want to make it clear again that I did not create the above image. I do not have nearly enough sugar and spice or anything nice in me to produce cuteness of that magnitude!

1 comment: